The Store Financial Controller is responsible to establish a reliable financial reporting system which monitors the achievements of the store objectives and provides stakeholders in the store with relevant financial data for the decision making process in compliance with all internal guidelines and procedures. Based on sound analysis of the provided data the Financial Controller highlights risks and recommends solutions for improvement of the efficiency in order to achieve and excel agreed store targets.
Bachelor of Finance, Business Administration or Commerce
MBA in the same field advantage
Requires strong analytical and technical skills in financial analysis and reporting
Requires good project management skills
Sound knowledge of MS Office, particularly modeling in Excel
Good presentation skills
Knowledge of accounting concepts and some knowledge of IFRS
Knowledge of investment appraisal process and capital budgeting
English (Full professional proficiency - Required)
Arabic (Full professional proficiency - Preferred)
3+ years – preferable as Financial Controller, and 2+ years in retail business
For UAE National only
• Guarantee that the fixed asset register is properly maintained.
• Ensure proper and adequate insurance coverage.
• Ensure that financial aspects of the contracts are adhered to and that contracts are renewed in a timely manner.
• Provide assets summary of information to the management regularly
• Responsible for financial control, business analysis and modelling in areas of: Monthly actual financial closing (budgetary control, P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow), Monthly forecast, Annual budget, Store turnover and Cash Flow Management
• Managing processes of: Stock taking operations, analysing shrinkage result and monitoring the sleeping stock; Application of control measures (Staff Cost, General expenses and CAPEX) to maximise the efficiency; Receiving controls to ensure proper merchandise flow
• Prepare store performance analysis by Departments/Sections with store Management.
• Control suppliers’ payment terms and consequences (supplier
• Ensure strict implementation of stock taking procedures.
• Support Management team with the budget/ forecast preparation.